Get your site configured with the new Google Analytics before the current version expires on July 1, 2023
If you would prefer to have one of our support team members to configure this for you, then you can submit a support ticket along with your login for your current Google Analytics account.
If you would like to do it yourself, you can follow the directions below.
- Login to your Google Analytics account
- Once logged in, click on the “gear" icon (Admin) in the lower left of the page
- In the "Account" column (the first column), make sure your website account is selected (if you only have one account, then it will already be selected); this will most likely be labeled/titled with your website/organization’s name as that is the most common way people will label the individual properties.
- In the "Property" column (the second column), from the drop down list located towards the top, select the "Universal Analytics" property that currently collects data for your site - this would be what is your current Google Analytics number (again, you will typically only see one option there for now)
- Once you've selected the above, click the "GA4 Setup Assistant" just below the drop down list. (it's the first option in the property column)
- Click "Get Started" under "I want to create a new Google Analytics 4 property"
- In the “Create a new Google Analytics 4 property” pop-up screen, you'll want to select the “Create Property” option
- After you have created/completed step 7, you will see "You have successfully connected your properties" at the top of the setup assistant page
- Your new GA4 property number can now be found in the upper left of the page and will look similar in format to: GA4 (xxxxxx), so the xxxxxxx is the new number.
- Once you have this new number, you will want to copy it and submit a support ticket (https://support.oneeach.com) and request that Google Analytics is updated on your site and your new GA4 number is added
NOTE: Per Google, it can take up to 30 minutes for data to begin appearing in your new GA4 property
HELPFUL GUIDE: This link has information to help you configure your tracking abilities with the new GA4 property (once it’s been created), which you can do at any time within your account - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/10110290