Get your site configured with the new Google Analytics before the current version expires on July 1, 2023
Follow the directions below to get the new ID for your Google Analytics account.
- Login to your Google Analytics account
- Once logged in, click on the “gear” icon (Admin) in the lower left of the page
- In the "Account" column (the first column), make sure your website account is selected (if you only have one account, then it will already be selected); this will most likely be labeled/titled with your website/organization’s name as that is the most common way people will label the individual properties.
- In the "Property" column (the second column), from the drop down list located towards the top, select the "Universal Analytics" property that currently collects data for your site - this would be what is your current Google Analytics number (again, you will typically only see one option there for now)
- Once you've selected the above, click the "GA4 Setup Assistant" just below the drop down list. (it's the first option in the property column)
- Click "Get Started" under "I want to create a new Google Analytics 4 property"
- In the “Create a new Google Analytics 4 property” pop-up screen, you'll want to select the “Create Property” option
- After you have created/completed step 7, you will see "You have successfully connected your properties" at the top of the setup assistant page
- Make a note of your GA4 property’s name so you can find it later in your account.
- Go back to the home page of your Google Analytics account (https://analytics.google.com/analytics) and from the drop down list in the upper left corner, make sure your new GA4 property is selected.
- On the left side of the screen, select the “Configure” section; this will take you to the “Admin” section
- On the Admin page, select “Data Streams” and click on your GA4 Property Name
- A new window/screen will slide in with the necessary information for your new account - go ahead and copy the “Measurement ID” (starts with ‘G-xxxxxxx’)
- Now that you have your new GA4 number, submit a support ticket (https://support.oneeach.com) and request that Google Analytics is updated on your site and your new GA4 number is added
You can submit your ticket using the following template if you would prefer:
SUBJECT: GA4 Update
MESSAGE: Can you please update the Google Analytics module to include the new GA4 field and then add the following ID? [Add Your "G-xxxxx" here]
NOTE: Per Google, it can take up to 30 minutes for data to begin appearing in your new GA4 property
HELPFUL GUIDE: This link has information to help you configure your tracking abilities with the new GA4 property (once it’s been created), which you can do at any time within your account - https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/10110290